The joyous occasions of Dusshera and Diwali are round the corner, giving us reason to make auspicious new beginnings. If you have been looking to spruce up your home this festive season, then here are 7 simple ways in which you can transform your space into a more cheerful and joyous one.
1. Refresh the walls: Adding a fresh coat of paint to the walls in your home can really do some magic, and there’s no better time than the festive season to refresh the walls in your home. However, instead of sticking to the traditional whites, you might want to add a splash of colour to the walls.
2. Indoor plants and flowers: Introducing a few pots of indoor greens can transform your space from dull and chaotic, to cheerful and calming. The festive season is also a great time to decorate your home with flowers.
3. Light it up: Lights play a key role in setting the right mood within the home. The festive season is the best time of the year to spruce up your home with a variety of lights. String lights, fairy lights, earthen lamps and fragranced candles are just some of the options you can explore.
4. Rugs, cushions and curtains: One of the quickest and easiest ways to transform your home and ready it for a festive occasion is to switch up the upholstery and linen. A quick change of rugs, cushions and curtains can do the trick.
5. Outdoor dining: Whether you have a large terrace, sprawling patio or small balcony at home, outdoor dining is always a great idea. Outdoor dining during the festive season can make mealtimes that much more joyous. A simple setup of tables, chairs and candles is all you need.
6. Elements of a vacation: Ever thought of putting up a hammock in your living room? Now is the time to do so. Add a relaxed, holiday-season vibe to your home with elements of a vacation like a hammock.
7. Make room for creativity: Photography, music, art or cooking—whatever be your passion, make time and space for it in your home. Inaugurate the festive season by dedicating a small part of your home to where you can pursue your passion.